Elgato has announced its brand new line of "Eve" connected home sensors at this year’s IFA 2014 trade show in Berlin, which will feature full integration with Apple’s HomeKit home automation platform once iOS 8 launches.
Elgato’s line of "Eve" smart home sensors
The Eve brand features Bluetooth accessories that monitor air quality, smoke, humidity, air pressure, energy, and water consumption, with all information syncing back to an iOS app. From the app, users can see an overview of the different aspects in their home along with suggestions and tips to better improve the environment.
Elgato’s $50 "Avea" smart lightbulb
The company also announced its own $50 Avea smart lightbulb, which allows for custom profiles, colors and alarms through an iOS app. Notably, the Avea does not require a hub like the Philips’ line of Hue smart bulbs, and can utilize multiple bulbs to coordinate lighting patterns.
Elgato’s iOS app for its line of "Eve" smart home sensors
Elgato’s Eve line of products are among the first to publicly support HomeKit, which was first announced at WWDC this past June. The platform allows home automation devices and their apps to work with Apple’s first-party services like Siri and stock iOS apps using a single, secure protocol. A report from earlier this year claimed that Apple was developing its own smart home products to work with HomeKit for a release in the near future. Apple may also look to feature HomeKit integration in its highly-rumored iWatch wearable device, which is said to "make good use" of HomeKit.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple Reveals Common Reasons for App Rejections on New Developer Page
• Apple Finalizes Lineup for 2014 iTunes Festival in London, Starts Tonight
• New Aerial Video Shows Significant Construction Progress at Apple Campus 2
• AT&T Offers $100 Bill Credit for New Next Line Activations
• Buyer’s Guide: Labor Day Deals on the iPad Air, Retina iPad mini, Apps, and More
• Google Launches First Beta Build of 64-Bit Chrome for Mac
• Apple Granted Patent for Fifth Avenue Glass Cube Store Design
• ‘BioShock’ for iOS Now Available Worldwide
Source: MacRumors: Mac News and Rumors – Front Page http://ift.tt/W4SFkQ