Leaked schematics from phone repair company GeekBar (via G 4 Games) suggest Apple may be preparing to release a 128 GB iPhone 6 model. An accompanying part supply list contains entries for NAND flash modules from Toshiba and Hynix in capacities of 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB. The 32 GB storage option is notably absent from the list, although the reason for its exclusion is unknown.
Previous rumors have suggested Apple has been working on a 128 GB iPhone model, with one rumor claiming the higher capacity module would debut in the 5.5-inch model only. The same leak also predicted Apple would drop the 16 GB option, introducing a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model with two storage options (32 and 64 GB) and a 5.5-inch model with three storage capacities (32, 64 and 128 GB).
This new parts list from GeekBar appears to refute that claim, opening the door for Apple to add the 128 GB model as a fourth storage option for consumers. Apple launched its first 128 GB iOS device in early 2013 with a mid-cycle upgrade to the fourth-generation iPad. The option expanded across the iPad lineup with the October 2013 introduction of the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display, which also are available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB capacities. The 128 GB option has, however, yet to make its way into the smaller iPhone and iPod touch form factors.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple Halts In-Store Pickup Option for Apple TV in Online Store, Still Available for Shipping
• Walmart Dropping Price of iPhone 5c to $0.97, iPhone 5s to $79 for 90-Day Period
• Best Buy Offers One-Day $75 Discount on All iPad Air Models
• SEC and Longhorn Networks Added to ‘WatchESPN’ Apple TV Channel
• Apple Updates Final Cut Pro, Compressor and Motion With Reliability Improvements, Bug Fixes
• Yosemite National Park and Wellington, New Zealand Added to Apple Maps Flyover Feature
• Apple to Open New South Windsor, Connecticut Store on August 23
• Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 Build 13F18 to Developers
Source: MacRumors: Mac News and Rumors – Front Page http://ift.tt/1BFPKzN